Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Giles/McKeown Family Portrait Session


Megan and I headed to North Head on Sunday afternoon for a family portrait session with the Giles/McKeown extended family.


Half the family lives in Auckland and the other half is holdaying here, from Britain.


We had a relaxed time with adorable 5 year old Sophie and cute-as-a-button nearly 2 year old Charlotte enjoying the beach setting.


The session ended on an acrobatic note as Michelle, helped by her sisters, showed off her tumbling skills.


We later got this lovely email from Michelle, after she had returned to the UK:

Dear Lisa & Megan,

Hello once again & I hope you are both well!

My Mum & Dad have just returned home from New Zealand, bringing with them the photos from our family session with you.

I wanted to write to tell you how over the moon I am with them. We all are. I was initially anxious about organising a photo shoot from this side of the world not knowing what to expect. As you can imagine there was an element of guess work & risk involved when searching for the right photographer. But I have to say you made the whole process simple, flexible & enjoyable; making me feel very confident & at ease in my choice.

Our family hadn’t been together for 4 years & I wanted to have something to remember the special occasion. Your flexibility, free & encouraging approach on the shoot didn’t just allow us some fantastic photos but provided us with an afternoon that was actually a highlight of my trip. The setting & mood was perfect & you really did capture our family (especially Sophie & Charlotte) fantastically.

Thank you for giving me such a beautiful lasting memory of a spirited afternoon, on a rare trip with my family.

Many thanks,

Michelle

Thank you for your lovely words Michelle, it makes us really happy to know that we have captured some precious memories for your family.

No comments: